Today, we are joined by Ellen Matis on “Why I Quit.” Listen to Ellen discuss her story of deciding on New Year’s eve that she would quit her full-time job and how she handed in her notice two weeks later. Learn how she started a social media marketing agency called Hello Social Co. Get inspired hearing how she has hired full time employees, implemented a 4 day work week, and scaled the business over the past 5 years.
Check out the conversation as we dive into the following:
- How she started her career as an obituary writer and how that was a transformative experience.
- How launching a new division in her company gave her the skills to eventually launch her own business.
- How having off on Friday’s during the summer led to implementing a 4 day work week full-time.
- How being involved in a co-working space shaped the types of future services and clients for her business.
- Why building company culture is so important to her
Listen to Ellen share her story and get inspired with her amazing advice to people thinking about following a similar path. Check out the full conversation on YouTube or Spotify by clicking the links below.
Know someone who should be on Why I Quit? We’re looking for all types of stories and people to feature at the top of the show. To nominate yourself or someone else, email email@example.com and tell us your name, where you’re from and what you want to talk about.